CICB’s CCO Preparation Course is specifically designed to prepare candidates who currently work in knuckle boom crane operations for the successful completion of CCO Written and Practical Examinations. This program includes CICB’s Study Guide for this program, which is authored and copyrighted by CICB on an annual basis, as well as interactive classroom exercises that emphasize all parts of the CCO Written Examinations.
The CCO Written Examination consists of three choices, depending on certification designation(s) that a candidate is seeking; they are Articulating Boom Crane, Articulating Boom Crane with Winch, and Articulating Boom Loader.
CICB's Preparatory Training for CCO Articulating Boom Crane Operator Examinations focuses on:
- Domain 1 – Site and Setup (13% to 20% of Written Exam)
- Domain 2 – Operations (35% to 40%)
- Domain 3 – Technical Knowledge (28% to 35%)
- Domain 4 – Manufacturer’s Load Charts (12% to 17%)
- Basic Math Skills Necessary to Pass the Exams
- Multiple Practice Tests for all Domains