The following table shows the locations and dates of upcoming Scheduled Programs. Click on the class location or date to request a Registration Form for that class.
CICB’s Basic Rigger Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of basic and trainee riggers. The absence of good rigging practices and lack of hands-on training contributes to a large percentage of material handling accidents.
The program focuses in determining the correct size and type of rigging equipment required to safely perform lifting operations. The information in this two-day program provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions with rigging gear at CICB’s Houston and Orlando training facilities, at other scheduled locations through the United States, or at your site. All personnel attending this program will gain significant and useful rigging techniques and skills and will leave with a broader understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Riggers.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800.327.1386
or Find out more about on-site Basic Rigger training
You will benefit from learning about:
- Applicable OSHA & ASME Regulations and Standards
- Proper Sling and Rigging Hardware Selections
- Basic Math Applications
- Weight Calculations
- Center of Gravity Determinations
- Stress Dynamics in Wire rope
- Effect of Sling Angles
- Sling, Rigging & Hardware Inspection
- Proper Hitch Selection and Applications
- Documentation Requirements
- Rigging Accidents – Causes and Prevention
- Proper Crane Set-up
- Basic Load Chart Interpretation
- Crane Dynamics
Call 800-327-1386 to learn more.