API RP-2D Rigger
The following table shows the locations and dates of upcoming Scheduled Programs. Click on the class location or date to request a Registration Form for that class. For a list of all CICB Scheduled Programs Click Here
CICB has met the stringent requirements of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and is established as an API Certified Training Provider to train, evaluate and qualify Riggers. By completing CICB’s API Rigger program and successfully passing the written and practical exams, candidates are issued a Qualified and Competent API RP-2D Rigger Certificate.
The dangers of rigging operations in the offshore environment cannot be overemphasized. Through classroom problems and hands-on exercises, CICB’s experienced instructors will assist candidates in determining the correct size and type of rigging equipment required to safely perform onshore and offshore lifting operations. Candidates that attend this two-day program will leave with a more thorough understanding of the critical elements of rigging, lifting and moving loads and personnel safely in onshore and offshore environments.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800.327.1386
or Find out more about on-site API RP-2D Rigger training
You will benefit from learning about:
- Applicable API, OSHA and ASME Standards
- Sling, Rigging and Rigging Hardware Selection
- Determining the Weight of the Load
- Center of Gravity Determination
- Wire Rope Stress Dynamics
- Effects of Sling Angles
- Rigging Gear and Hardware Inspections
- Hitch Selection and Applications
- Documentation Requirements
- Accident Causes and Prevention
- Crane Dynamics
- Proper Load Securing Before Lifting
- Hand and Voice Signal Communications
- Basic Math Applications
- Operations During Inclement Weather
Call 800-327-1386 to learn more.