Mobile Crane Operator
The following table shows the locations and dates of upcoming Scheduled Programs. Click on the class location or date to request a Registration Form for that class.
The Mobile Crane Operator Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of experienced operators, trainees, safety personnel, inspectors, maintenance personnel, managers and supervisors. The information provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions on mobile cranes at CICB’s Houston and Orlando training facilities or at your site. All personnel attending this program will gain significant and useful skills and will leave with a stronger understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Mobile Crane Operators.
Both five and ten day Mobile Crane Operator programs are offered. CICB recommends that trainee operators participate in the ten day program to gain additional knowledge and seat time in CICB cranes.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800.327.1386
or Find out more about on-site mobile crane operator training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Operator Requirements and Responsibilities
- Effective Communications Among Lifting Personnel
- Proper Use of Hand and Voice Signals
- Applicable OSHA and ANSI/ASME Safety Standards
- Safe, Effective and Efficient Operating Techniques
- Proper Crane Set-up
- Evaluating and Applying Site Conditions
- Dangers of Power Lines
- Equipment Overload, Shock Loading
- Supporting Surface Requirements
- Load Chart Interpretations and Applications
- Lift Planning & Verifying the Weight of the Load
- Load Control
- Use of Operator Aids
- Basic Rigging Principles
- Determining Center of Gravity
- Sling Selection, Inspection and Sling Angles
- Wire Rope Construction and Inspection
- Hitch Selection and Applications
- Pre-Operation & Post Operation Inspections
- Equipment Maintenance
- Minimizing the Opportunity for Accidents
Types of Cranes Covered:
- Rough Terrain Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Articulated Boom Trucks
Call 800-327-1386 to learn more.
"Being new to the industry, I trained at CICB as a mobile crane operator and took my NCCCO examinations. I was very impressed with quality of training, the knowledge of the instructors, and the use of real cranes, not simulators. I now have a career in the industry, all thanks to CICB." C.S., Bourne, MA