API RP-2D Pedestal Crane Operator
The following table shows the locations and dates of upcoming Scheduled Programs. Click on the class location or date to request a Registration Form for that class. See our complete list of all CICB Training Programs
CICB has met the stringent requirements of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and is established as an API Certified Training Provider to train, evaluate and qualify Pedestal Crane Operators. By completing CICB’s Pedestal Crane Operator program and successfully passing the written and practical exams, candidates are issued a Qualified and Competent API RP-2D Pedestal Crane Operator Certificate.
The dangers of crane operations in the offshore environment cannot be overemphasized. Candidates that attend this three-day program will leave with a more thorough understanding of the critical elements of lifting and moving loads and personnel safely in an offshore environment.
Candidates are required to be qualified as an API RP-2D Rigger as a pre-requisite for this program.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800.327.1386
or Find out more about on-site API RP-2D Pedestal Crane Operator training
You will benefit from learning about:
- Pedestal Crane Terminology and Definitions
- Operator Qualifications and Training
- Operator Responsibilities
- Applicable API Safety Standards
- Crane Components and Lifting
- Wire Rope Construction and Use
- Mounting Features of the Revolving
- Upper structure
- Boom Structure
- Limiting and Safety Devices
- Proper Forms and Methods of Communication
- Control Markings
- Engine Emergency Stop
- Gauges and Indicators
- Operator Pre-Start/During/Post Inspections
- Safe, Effective and Efficient Operating Techniques
- Selection and Use of Warning, Safety, and/or Limiting Devices
- Load Chart Interpretation
- Lift Planning and Critical Lifts
- Operations During Various Inclement Weather Conditions
Call 800-327-1386 to learn more.