As an independent, third-party inspection agency, the services of CICB are available to the customer when crane operation’s compliance in one of the following industries is required:
Our inspection and/or load test services are conducted in the following manner:
- Performed on site.
- Inspections comply with applicable regulations, safety codes and standards for that type of crane.
- Performed in accordance with the crane manufacturer’s specifications.
- Review of the customer’s crane history file, to include records of past load tests, inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- The inspection process includes a complete and thorough visual inspection of the crane or below-the-hook lifting device.
- The inspection is conducted in the following manner:
- Conduct visual inspection of the entire crane or lifting device and supporting structure, if applicable.
- Conduct a function test checking for proper operation of the following:
- All controls, mechanisms, operating systems and brakes
- All safety devices and limit switches
- All operator aids
- Rated load test, if desired
- Inspection of load hooks shall include visual inspection for distortion, wear or damage.
- Shall not include any disassembly or removing any cover or guard. The customer is to provide mechanic support.
- Recommendations for additional specialized tests if applicable.
- Maintain and store inspection records for seven years.
Upon completion of the inspection the CICB’s inspector will conduct a verbal out brief with the customer’s representative to discuss the findings and results of the inspection. A written report will be left with the customer’s representative that contains all the recommendations and deficiencies found in the inspection.
When required, a report containing the findings will be forwarded to the appropriate regulatory agency.