Mobile Crane Operator
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or fill out our contact form.
The Mobile Crane Operator Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of experienced operators, trainees, safety personnel, inspectors, maintenance personnel, managers and supervisors. The information provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions on mobile cranes at CICB’s Houston and Orlando training facilities or at your site. All personnel attending this program will gain significant and useful skills and will leave with a stronger understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Mobile Crane Operators.
Both five and ten day Mobile Crane Operator programs are offered. CICB recommends that trainee operators participate in the ten day program to gain additional knowledge and seat time in CICB cranes.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about on-site Mobile Crane Operator Training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Operator Requirements and Responsibilities
- Effective Communications among Lifting Personnel
- Proper Use of Hand and Voice Signals
- Applicable OSHA & ANSI/ASME Safety Standards
- Safe, Effective and Efficient Operating Techniques
- Proper Crane Set-up
- Evaluating and Applying Site Conditions
- Dangers of Power Lines
- Equipment Overload, Shock Loading
- Supporting Surface Requirements
- Load Chart Interpretations and Applications
- Lift Planning & Verifying the Weight of the Load
- Load Control
- Use of Operator Aids
- Basic Rigging Principles
- Determining Center of Gravity
- Sling Selection, Inspection and Sling Angles
- Wire Rope Construction and Inspection
- Hitch Selection and Applications
- Pre-Operation & Post Operation Inspections
- Equipment Maintenance
- Minimizing the Opportunity for Accidents
Types of Cranes Covered:
- Rough Terrain Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Articulated Boom Trucks
"Due to my desire to make a career change, and after exhaustive research, I contacted CICB for my training as a mobile crane operator. Not only did they offer a full curriculum of the training I desired, but also a NCCCO Preparatory Course and testing facility in my immediate area. In my 30+ years of working in the construction industry, I have taken many safety training courses from a myriad of professional trainers. It's a rarity to find one that is not only knowledgeable in the subject matter, but enjoys being able to share that knowledge with others. I feel that CICB is one of these rare trainers." F.D., Baytown, TX
Call CICB at 800-327-1386 to Learn More.